A rare Alistair Maclean western adventure.
Why read it?
1 author picked Breakheart Pass as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
A crowded troop train is heading across a desolate stretch of tracks through the Rocky Mountains. It’s the dead of winter 1873 and you can almost feel the chill seeping into the railcars. The troops are headed to Fort Humboldt to relieve the cholera-stricken garrison. In addition to the troops, the train’s passengers include a powerful governor, the daughter of the fort’s commander, and a US marshal escorting an outlaw prisoner. But people and their stories aren’t what they seem. A passenger is murdered. Time is running out and a lot of people are going to wind up dead before…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 60 books like Breakheart Pass.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best mysteries on (and off) the tracks
- The best books about America’s most famous young outlaw, Billy the Kid
- The best books about earth history
- The best upcycled children's fairy tales, nursery rhymes & folk tales: recycled, reused, & repurposed, all told with a twist
- The best books on confronting trauma or loss