An Audience of One
The creator of the Unmistakable Creative podcast makes a counterintuitive argument: By focusing your creative work on pleasing yourself, you can increase your productivity, happiness, and (eventually, paradoxically) the size of your audience.
Creating for your own pleasure--whether you're writing a novel, composing songs, or painting a landscape--can seem pointless.…
Why read it?
1 author picked An Audience of One as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
I was introduced to Srini through his first book, when I realized that "Unmistakables" are my people. Rao, host of the podcast The Unmistakable Creative, argues that we should stop worrying about creating art for money or fame, but focus on creating for an audience of one, ourselves. Rao’s words speak to the inner spark that may have been doused in our childhood, that deep restlessness we carry within. This book includes fascinating true stories of creatives who took this path, along with research from creativity experts.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like An Audience of One.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books to jumpstart your creativity
- The best books about creativity and imagination
- The best books on mastering design thinking
- The best books that discuss creativity and how they relate to teaching creativity in marketing and business
- The best books on dreams for writers who want to boost their creativity