Yoga and the Quest for the True Self
More than 100,000 copies sold!
Millions of Americans know yoga as a superb form of exercise and as a potent source of calm in our stress-filled lives. Far fewer are aware of the full promise of yoga as a 4,000-year-old practical path of liberation—a path that fits the needs of…
Why read it?
1 author picked Yoga and the Quest for the True Self as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Part autobiography and part exploration of the link between yoga and psychotherapy, this book was crucial in helping me understand the yogic journey within a psychological framework. This is important when embarking on a home yoga practice. Stephen Cope, a psychotherapist who left a practice in Boston to live, study and teach at Kripalu, examines how our practice of yoga affects the psyche – the ups & downs, the traps and pitfalls, the freedoms, and liberation.
You’re unlikely to get this kind of in-depth, specialist understanding from your local yoga teacher, and it helps to ground the spiritual journey in…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Yoga and the Quest for the True Self.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best yoga books to support your home yoga practice
- The best books about self-realization, curiosity, exploration, struggle, and the magic of success
- The best books on yoga philosophy for those who want to dig deeper
- The best yoga books for serious yogis and meditators
- The best books on the philosophy behind yoga