The Sun Down Motel
AN INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Something hasn’t been right at the roadside Sun Down Motel for a very long time, and Carly Kirk is about to find out why in this chilling new novel from the New York Times bestselling and award-winning author of The Broken Girls.
Why read it?
1 author picked The Sun Down Motel as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
I brought this book with me on an Adirondack camping trip, started reading it as I settled in beside the campfire, and by nightfall, I was TOTALLY FREAKED OUT.
The surreal back-and-forth timelines of desk clerk Viv, who vanished from the roadside motel in the 1980s, and present-day Carly, Viv's curious niece, had me wishing earnestly for a self-defense weapon and a padlock for my tent. I didn't sleep so well that night, but I loved the book!
If you're thinking right now that ha, ghosts aren't real! You'd better think again. Simone St. James has created a story that's…
Our community of 9,000+ authors has personally recommended 92 books like The Sun Down Motel.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books on the history of New York City
- The best nonfiction children’s books about New York City
- The best books about the New York City skyline
- The best books to learn about the surprising history of New York City wildlife
- The best books on how New York became New York (that aren’t Robert Caro’s The Power Broker)