'An incredible human being with an extraordinary story to share' Dr Rangan Chatterjee
'A beautiful, life-changing manifesto' Brene Brown
'I will be forever changed by Dr Eger's story' Oprah
'Her story is a testament to our true human potential. She's a gift' Nicole LePera
Each moment in Auschwitz was hell…
Why read it?
1 author picked The Gift as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Dr. Eger is an Auschwitz survivor and therapist who, at 96 years old, is also a social media influencer; she has a great Instagram account!
Her wisdom lies in her honesty; having helped 100s of people with their own issues, she admits she continues to work on herself and her ability to live with grief and trauma. She demonstrates a life-long commitment to not only helping others but also sharing what has helped her to live well alongside her sadness. She lives a happy life, which includes profound trauma from the past.
I love books that are written from the…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 94 books like The Gift.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best grief books to see you through the 3 Ds: death, diagnosis or divorce
- The best books that made the biggest impact on me as the daughter of Holocaust Survivors
- The best books on Holocaust testimony
- The best books on intergenerational trauma after genocides
- The best self-help memoir books that will help you make the most of your one precious life