The Crusades Through Arab Eyes
European and Arab versions of the Crusades have little in common. For Arabs, the twelfth and thirteenth centuries were years of strenuous efforts to repel a brutal and destructive invasion by barbarian hordes. In "The Crusades Through Arab Eyes", Amin Maalouf has sifted through the works of a score of…
Why read it?
1 author picked The Crusades Through Arab Eyes as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
This Paris-based Lebanese author may soon be awarded the Nobel Prize! His first book is a classic that forces readers into a completely different perspective. Maalouf offers in his own vivacious style, a vivid portrait of a society torn by internal conflicts and shaken by a traumatic encounter with an alien culture of invaders. His fascinating insights delve deeply into the Arab and Islamic consciousness today. All Maalouf’s books should be read! Each opens unexpected, illuminated windows on the Middle East with compassion, wisdom, and drama.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like The Crusades Through Arab Eyes.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books of counter history to enrich your world view
- The best books on the Crusades and Crusader States
- The best books on the medieval crusades by world-class historians who write with clarity and you in mind
- The best books on crusading warfare
- The best books about the cultural impact of the crusades, rather than just the battles