The Coming of the Quantum Cats
A brilliant novel of alternate universes by an award-winning science fiction master
A breakthrough in quantum physics has shattered the boundaries between alternate worlds. History is in chaos as billions of possible futures collide. As a conquering army mounts an invasion of neighboring realities, a handful of men and women…
Why read it?
1 author picked The Coming of the Quantum Cats as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
This might seem a bit off-message because Pohl dropped out of college before finishing his science degree. But he did work as a weather forecaster in the US Navy. And I can’t resist including this book, because it deals with the area of science closest to my heart – many worlds, or parallel universes. The existence of these other worlds next door to our own is the best scientific explanation of the mysteries of quantum physics, such as the famous puzzle of Schrödinger’s Cat, and Pohl wraps it all up in entertaining fashion with a story of what happens when…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like The Coming of the Quantum Cats.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books by scientists who write science fiction
- The best books about quantum physics to grow up on
- The best books about quantum physics that are also the most accessible
- The best book on nonlocality, teleportation, and other quantum marvels
- The best non-technical books about quantum physics-our most fundamental description the universe