I'm a Hare, So There!
An exasperated hare and plucky squirrel engage in a battle of wits to determine who's who in this hilarious author-illustrator debut for fans of I Yam a Donkey and Grumpy Monkey. When a chipmunk mistakes Hare for a rabbit, Hare puts him in his place. But actually, the chipmunk is…
Why read it?
1 author picked I'm a Hare, So There! as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
This is another book about appreciating differences told with in-your-face humor using a case of mistaken identity. When a chipmunk accuses a hare of being a rabbit, the hare stands up for itself. In doing so, hare describes the traits of a hare versus a jackrabbit. It’s a simple way to show kids the difference between animals that seem alike but are not. Like a turtle and a tortoise. Turns out chipmunk is not who hare thinks he is! A fun way to learn about desert creatures.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like I'm a Hare, So There!.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best bunny books by a bunny lover
- The best children’s books that celebrate the joys of friendship, exploration, and imagination
- The best fables with moral through the eyes of animals
- The best children’s picture books about navigating friendship
- The best picture books about (more elusive than ever) kindness