THE NUMBER ONE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER NOW A MAJOR FILM, STARRING STEVE CARELL AND BAFTA AND GOLDEN GLOBE NOMINATED TIMOTHEE CHALAMET
'What had happened to my beautiful boy? To our family? What did I do wrong?'
Those are the wrenching questions that haunted every moment of David Sheff's journey…
Why read it?
1 author picked Beautiful Boy as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
“If only.” Sheff‘s book about his meth-addicted son dives deep into the “if only” agonies of parents who question their every action, wondering what they could have done differently, or said (or not said) in a different way to help their children avoid the horrors of drug addiction. I asked the same questions in my book, The Only Life I Could Save, and I came to the same terrifying conclusion: We cannot make the choice of life or death for our children.
My favorite lines: “I am in a silent war against an enemy as…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Beautiful Boy.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books about addiction, recovery, and the triumph of the human spirit
- The best books on addiction and recovery from someone who has been there
- The best books on healthy divorce and co-parenting
- The best books on getting through divorce successfully
- The best memoirs of drug and alcohol addiction