Drem longs for the day he will win his Warrior Scarlet. But with a withered spear arm, how will he take part in the ritual Wolf Slaying which will prove his worth as a man of the tribe?
With over forty books to her credit, Rosemary Sutcliff is now universally…
Why read it?
1 author picked Warrior Scarlet as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
From her earliest years, Sutcliff knew firsthand what it was to live with and surmount painful disability. She understood what it was to be ‘the other’—to be looking from the outside on those able to live ‘normal’ lives. It is not surprising then that many of her stories include main characters who powerfully prove you do not need to be able-bodied to triumph over life. Set in the British Bronze age, this novel is one of those stories. Dem wants to take his place as a warrior of his tribe but must kill a wolf single-handedly to claim his warrior’s…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Warrior Scarlet.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best classic Rosemary Sutcliff novels to inspire your history loving teenager
- The best books on prehistory and what life was like in the Stone Age
- The best books on ancient myths and European prehistory
- The best books to transport you back through time
- The best books on human evolution and the human story