A jubilant celebration of Italy’s outsize impact on culture, from literature to art, music to movies, that “masterfully examines the multitude of reasons why so many people fall in love with Italy and the Italian lifestyle” (Forbes)
Can you imagine painting without Leonardo, opera without Verdi, fashion without Armani, food…
Why read it?
1 author picked La Passione as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
If you love Italy—and if you don't love it now, you definitely will—after reading this engaging, vibrant tribute to Italy! Knighted by the President of Italy for her writing about Italy, author Dianne Hales describes the native, inherent passion of Italians—la passione italiana— as the source and nurturer of our civilization's love for art, music, architecture, cars, ceramics, sculpture, design, literature, film, food, and wine. Bursting with talent and passion, the legacy of Italian passion for life in our culture is ubiquitous and all-encompassing. Italy and its passion itself have taken hold of our imaginations, and your imagination…
Our community of 9,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like La Passione.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books to read so you can take a trip to enchanting Italy without having to book a flight
- The best non-fiction books to immerse yourself in Ancient Rome
- The best books on the ancient city of Rome
- The best books showing daily life in ancient Athens and Rome (at their respective peaks)
- The best books for finding the meaning of life in Rome