Glass, Paper, Beans
Once upon a time we knew the origins of things: what piece of earth the potato on our dinner plate came from, which well our water was dipped from, who cobbled our shoes, and whose cow provided the leather. In many parts of the world, that information is still readily…
Why read it?
1 author picked Glass, Paper, Beans as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
“Where do my coffee and newspaper come from?” Cohen muses one morning in her favorite coffee shop…and she’s off and running, to find the unseen nature and labor that make our everyday lives possible. The most gorgeous, lyrical explanation of alienation and fetishization you’ll ever find, and a model for how to drag nature writing into the 21st century.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Glass, Paper, Beans.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books to revolutionize how Americans think about nature & environment
- The best books on minimalism, materialism, & getting by with less (so you can enjoy life more)
- The best books for coffee lovers
- The best books on coffee in the U.S., China, Britain, France, and Nicaragua
- The best books for wannabe coffee shop owners