Why do some people achieve ethical excellence while others fail? For example, how did Gloria Lewis overcome a lifetime of difficulty and go on to found a non-profit focused on feeding the homeless while Danny Starrett, despite a seemingly ideal childhood, became a rapist and murderer? Why did some Germans…
Why read it?
1 author picked Ethical Excellence as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Giebel succeeds brilliantly at the challenging task of weaving together ancient philosophical insight from both East and West, modern psychological research, and stories from the lives of exemplary individuals. Each strand of the book expands on and reinforces the others: Confucians fill out gaps in Socratic theory, and vice versa; psychologists test, tweak, and confirm ancient theories; and contemporary lives give richness and realism to the ideals. The whole tapestry, conveyed in Giebel’s lovely, accessible prose, is nothing short of a master class in how to cultivate a better, more meaningful life for oneself and all those for whom one…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Ethical Excellence.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books about how ancient Confucianism tells us to live well today
- The best books on practicing Stoicism
- The best books on Stoicism for beginners
- The best books about why ethical leadership and trust create amazing outcomes in life and business
- The best books for how Stoicism can help you with modern life