City of Shattered Light
As darkness closes in on the city of shattered light, an heiress and an outlaw must decide whether to fend for themselves or fight for each other. As heiress to a powerful tech empire, seventeen-year-old Asa Almeida strives to prove she's more than her manipulative father's shadow. But when he…
Why read it?
1 author picked City of Shattered Light as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
The two girls in City of Shattered Light could not be fiercer! Asa’s a runaway rich girl who flees home to save her sister, a victim of scientific tests. Riven’s a tough smuggler gunning for a big bounty to guarantee her a place in one of the city’s matriarchal (!) crime syndicates. There’s kidnapping, a wild neon sci-fi world, and a healthy portion of romantic longing. I loved this misfit team!
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like City of Shattered Light.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best feminist young adult sci-fi and fantasy books
- The best books on artificial intelligence that are not full of hype and nonsense
- The best books about artificial intelligence (and what they tell us about human intelligence)
- The best science fiction books on artificial intelligence
- The best books to make sense of the I in AI