We Don't Eat Our Classmates
It's the first day of school for Penelope Rex, and she can't wait to meet her classmates. But it's hard to make human friends when they're so darn delicious! That is, until Penelope gets a taste of her own medicine and finds she may not be at the top of…
Why read it?
1 author picked We Don't Eat Our Classmates as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Yes, kindness is essential. But it’s even better when served up with a huge side serving of humor. A young T-rex named Penelope can’t understand why she’s unable to make friends. Perhaps if she didn’t find them so delicious, it would be easier. The author takes a universal situation—going off to school for the first time—and turns it into a hilarious lesson (and I hesitate to even use that word) about kindness and empathy. It’s all done with an economy of word and a deadpan tone. Pitch perfect!
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 66 books like We Don't Eat Our Classmates.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best picture books about (more elusive than ever) kindness
- The best picture books about new beginnings
- The best picture books for dinosaur fans
- The best books for upper elementary and middle grades featuring girls who are overcomers
- The best books about kids doing things you thought only grown-ups could do