"Allie Therin built a world that came alive and flew off the pages." —Gay Book Reviews
To save Manhattan, they’ll have to save each other first…
New York, 1925
Arthur Kenzie’s life’s work is protecting the world from the supernatural relics that could destroy it. When an amulet with the…
Why read it?
1 author picked Spellbound as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
I’m a sucker for a cool historical setting and also for romance with a social-status difference as a main obstacle, and this novel delivers on both! In 1920s-era New York City, amid Prohibition and jazz and snazzy fashions—and, in this version of things, an underworld of secret magic—wealthy Arthur meets working-class Rory, and the sparks begin. Both of the men are utterly endearing (another feature I’m soft on) and bring different paranormal powers to the problem of a lethal magical relic on its way to New York. There are two more books in the series, so if you fall for…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 82 books like Spellbound.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best fantasy and paranormal books with great queer representation
- The best books if you’re delusional and want to pretend you live in 1940s Manhattan
- The best contemporary romance books set in Manhattan
- The best books to learn about the surprising history of New York City wildlife
- The best books on New York City history to 1900