In a book that is as cheerful and charming as Snail himself, Corey Tabor tells a winning tale of slow but steady Snail, whose determination and kindness bring him the best reward of all: friendship.
When Snail spies a plump, crisp cabbage across the road, nothing will stop him-not a…
Why read it?
1 author picked Snail Crossing as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Snail is cabbage bound! The only thing that stands in his way is a busy highway and the fact that he moves…at a snail’s pace. Through his determination, he finds a way to be helpful to a colony of ants who ultimately find a way to return the favor.
This story has so much subtle humor and makes a great read-aloud. (My 5-year-old daughter cackles when snail tries to make “evasive maneuvers” to avoid a crow.) It teaches how you can be persistent, kind, and brave all while having a good sense of humor. In the end, it pays off…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Snail Crossing.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best children’s books that celebrate the joys of friendship, exploration, and imagination
- The best books about the ocean for kids
- The best children’s picture books about navigating friendship
- The best books for kids—and adults—who are curious about ants
- The best children’s picture books that address bullying