Russian Foreign Policy in the Twenty-First Century and the Shadow of the Past
Because the turbulent trajectory of Russia's foreign policy since the collapse of the Soviet Union echoes previous moments of social and political transformation, history offers a special vantage point from which to judge the current course of events. In this book, a mix of leading historians and political scientists examines…
Why read it?
1 author picked Russian Foreign Policy in the Twenty-First Century and the Shadow of the Past as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Russia’s foreign policy has followed different historical trajectories and relations with the outside world. This excellent collection of works by historians and social scientists focuses on the long “shadows of the past” as a lens through which to assess the country’s international behavior and moments of transformation. The explored themes include the impact of Russian foreign policy on domestic political structures, imperial identity, geographic settings, position within the global economy, and others.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Russian Foreign Policy in the Twenty-First Century and the Shadow of the Past.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books to understand Russia’s foreign policy after the Cold War
- The best books about the Russian people
- The best books for understanding the Soviet Union and Post-Soviet Russia
- The best books on Russia and USSR in the 20th Century
- The best books on Russia and the USSR from someone fascinated by their culture and history