One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow
From the bestselling author of The Ragged Edge of Night comes a powerful and poetic novel of survival and sacrifice on the American frontier.
Wyoming, 1876. For as long as they have lived on the frontier, the Bemis and Webber families have relied on each other. With no other settlers…
Why read it?
1 author picked One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
I recommend One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow for three reasons. First, it’s set in the same general time and place as my novel and depicts many of the hardships that frontier women faced in the second half of the 19th century. It also tells a story about an unlikely but necessary friendship, thematically akin to my novel. And finally, the prose is lovely and a joy to read.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 81 books like One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books with bad ass women in historical fiction
- The best books about the American West with female central characters
- The best books about women in the wild west
- The best short story collections for love, justice, and relational wisdom
- The best books about sports during World War II that inspire me