Marina and Lee
“The single best book ever written on the Kennedy assassination” -- Thomas Mallon, author of Mrs. Paine's Garage: And the Murder of John F. Kennedy
“It is not at all easy to describe the power of Marina and Lee . . . It is far better than any other book…
Why read it?
1 author picked Marina and Lee as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Author Priscilla McMillan was at the crossroads of history. She worked as a junior aide for Senator John Kennedy before she went to Moscow as a reporter during the height of the Cold War. There, in 1959, she interviewed an American marine who had recently defected to the Soviet Union. He was Lee Harvey Oswald. After JFK was killed in 1963, McMillan befriended Oswald’s widow, Marina, and spent hundreds of hours interviewing her. The result of McMillan’s unprecedented direct access to the Oswalds is an unmatched personal study of a troubled young man who turned into one of history’s most…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 88 books like Marina and Lee.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books about who killed JFK
- The best books on the John F. Kennedy assassination
- The best set of books that capture the magic of seeing everyday good even in the face of adversity
- The best books on the life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- The best books on Jacqueline Kennedy’s creation of Camelot’s magic