Feast of Sparks
I'm an outcast and a loner, named for death itself. Fate wasn't supposed to have plans for me.
But then she came back--the girl I once kissed in a thorn-covered chapel in the woods. She came back, and I could no more resist her than I could pry out my…
Why read it?
1 author picked Feast of Sparks as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Sierra Simone is the queen of diversity inclusion in romance. The Thornchapel series is my favorite by her. While I do recommend you start with Book 1, A Lesson in Thorns, Book 2 is where we get St. Sebastian Martinez’s voice and perspective.
St. Sebastian is the first character I ever read in romance that embodied the otherness I felt growing up Mexican-American.
This book is extremely taboo and not for the faint of heart. Come for a diverse cast with the dreamiest narrative voice (think an adult, BDSM, version of the secret garden), and stay for characters you…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 29 books like Feast of Sparks.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best romance with positive representation of Latina women and Latine(x) communities
- The best kinky books published before the internet was a thing
- The best romance books to fire up your eReader, heat your cheeks, and set your body on flames
- The best erotic romance books to give you all the feels…and not just between your legs!
- The best first books of great romance series