This fast-paced business novel does for project management what The Goal and It's Not Luck have done for production and marketing. Goldratt's novels have traditionally slain sacred cows and delivered new ways of looking at processes which seem like common sense once you read them. Critical Chain is no exception.…
Why read it?
1 author picked Critical Chain as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
When I read this book, it was like an epiphany. Suddenly, I understood what—beyond all the doctrines and pub talk—actually slows down projects and thus impairs the economic performance of companies. It is our own management mechanisms and beliefs about how we think we can get a grip on projects. Shortly after reading this novel, we were able to perform nothing short of miracles in a technology company I was working for at the time: Halving project times, doubling productivity. You have to have witnessed that to really believe it... Read this book!
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 15 books like Critical Chain.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books on speed for multiple projects
- The best DevOps books from before DevOps was invented
- The best business books that make you better without tasting like medicine
- The best books for developing innovative and creative thinkers
- The best books for understanding how people skills support great leadership and career success