Around the World on a Bicycle - From San Francisco to Tehran
"Around the World on a Bicycle - From San Francisco to Tehran" is a fascinating and profusely-illustrated account of an epic bicycle journey around the world. Starting in America and travelling through Europe, the Middle East, and Finally Asia, the author's entire adventure is here chronicled for the enjoyment of…
Why read it?
1 author picked Around the World on a Bicycle - From San Francisco to Tehran as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
First published in 1887, Stevens was the first person to circumnavigate the earth on a bicycle, and a high-wheeler at that. Over three years he pedaled, pushed, and dragged his bicycle through all corners of the globe on one of the most epic journeys ever undertaken.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 72 books like Around the World on a Bicycle - From San Francisco to Tehran.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books on bicycles and cycling
- The best historical women’s fiction about the San Francisco 1906 earthquake
- The best books to understand how the hell San Francisco turned out like it did
- The best kid books about bikes and biking
- The best books to understand the heart & soul of Turkey and its people