All That I Remember About Dean Cola
The boys from back home stand beside the bed, watching her bleed onto the white sheet. ‘He only said to scare her,’ one of them says.
Sidney is happily married to her firefighter husband and thinking about having a child, but her life has been marred by psychotic breakdowns. Haunted…
Why read it?
1 author picked All That I Remember About Dean Cola as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
This is more literary than crime but Chandler has at the heart of her book a woman with serious mental illness; she captures the soul of a troubled woman and the rippling effects of past and psychosis, as well as the vagaries of memory. And there is a mystery to work out; it was short-listed for the Sisters in Crime Davitt’s award.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like All That I Remember About Dean Cola.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best crime books where mental illness/neurodiversity is conveyed authentically
- The best books featuring strong female leads (and one male!) with mental illness or neurodiversity
- The best books to read to make you cherish and enjoy your neurodivergent child
- The best books with neurodiverse women who love women
- The best books on neurodiversity by authors who are neurodiverse