When single mum Joanna hears a rumour at the school gates, she never intends to pass it on. But one casual comment leads to another and now there's no going back . . .
Rumour has it that a notorious child killer is living under a new identity, in…
Why read it?
1 author picked The Rumor as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Lesley has a beautiful way of engaging the reader, her characters are relatable, many of them will feel like people you already know, your friends, family, maybe even you. The story is captivating and imaginative, yet this book feels real. It could happen in your town; it could happen to you. This book has an intriguing, ‘girl next door’ feel to it.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 92 books like The Rumor.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books for a roller coaster, binge read
- The best women’s fiction books with gorgeous heartland settings
- The best books that explore a single event from multiple perspectives
- The best fiction featuring dysfunctional families
- The best books inspired by true crime that would be criminal not to read