WARNING: This book contains subject matter that may be sensitive for some readers, including dark and triggering content. 18+ only. Please read responsibly.
When Cora attends her sister’s birthday party, she expects at most a hangover or a walk of shame. She doesn’t anticipate a stolen wallet, leaving her stranded…
Why read it?
1 author picked Still Beating as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
This romance caught me off guard. It was a dark romance about a kidnapped man and a woman. The heroine and her sister's fiancé who she disliked. I have to say this book isn’t for everyone as the sensitive subject matter is written about, such as rape and also a suicide attempt. However, because of Hartmann’s amazing way with words, I can’t stop thinking about this book and the characters. Hartmann’s exquisite writing style took me into the basement where the couple was kept. I felt fear and sadness for them. I felt hope. I felt so many things that…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Still Beating.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best romance novels that stay with you long after you finish them
- The best thriller books that accurately capture and bring awareness to PTSD
- The best war books about turning PTSD into post-traumatic growth
- The best books about sexual violence, hope, and healing
- The best books for overcoming rape and building a life with higher self esteem