"Here is the 4th edition of the classic book on home birth that introduced a whole generation of women to the concept of natural childbirth. Back again are even more amazing birthing tales, including those from women who were babies in earlier editions and stories about Old Order Amish women…
Why read it?
1 author picked Spiritual Midwifery as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
I love this book because it was the very first to talk about spirit and energy in the birth process. In it, world-famous midwife Ina May Gaskin describes how she learned about births from attending them, later studying with a doctor. She describes many births on the farm in which she and her midwifery colleagues learned that birth is a spiritual process that is deeply affected by the energy in the room. They learned to "suss out" that energy and to send people with negative energy out of the birthing room. And they learned that if you change the energy…
Our community of 9,000+ authors has personally recommended 51 books like Spiritual Midwifery.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books about childbirth in the US from a childbirth expert
- The best books that inspire confidence for natural childbirth and homebirth
- The best books on the history of childbirth
- The best books that explore the spirituality of pregnancy and birth
- The best books to escape into a world of inspirational Amish romance and suspense