Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
What you need to know to have the best birth experience for you.
Drawing upon her thirty-plus years of experience, Ina May Gaskin, the nation’s leading midwife, shares the benefits and joys of natural childbirth by showing women how to trust in the ancient wisdom of their bodies for a…
Why read it?
1 author picked Ina May's Guide to Childbirth as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
I love this book because the first part of it is filled with wonderful birth stories that show how world-famous midwife Ina May Gaskin and her midwifery colleagues at the Farm learned how to attend births by helping the birth energy to flow untrammeled. And the second part is an excellent guide to navigating the over-medicalization of childbirth in the US. Drawing on her 30+ years of experience, Ina May shares the benefits and joys of natural childbirth by showing women how to trust in the ancient wisdom of their bodies for a healthy and fulfilling birthing experience. Based on…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 33 books like Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books about childbirth in the US from a childbirth expert
- The best books that inspire confidence for natural childbirth and homebirth
- The best books that explore the spirituality of pregnancy and birth
- The best books on the history of childbirth
- The best books that make new motherhood easier