Facets of Death
Detective Kubu, renowned international detective, has faced off with death more times than he can count… But what was the case that established him as a force to be reckoned with? In Facets of Death, a prequel to the acclaimed Detective Kubu series, the fresh-faced cop gets ensnared in an…
Why read it?
1 author picked Facets of Death as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Michael Stanley is an author comprised of two writers: Michael Sears and Stanley Trollip. Their novels, set in Botswana and Zimbabwe, and featuring the enigmatic, Detective Kubu, have enjoyed much success in the UK and the US. Their latest story acts as a prequel, featuring Kubu just as he leaves university and joins Botswana’s CID. As a first case, Kubu is confronted with the theft of millions of dollars of diamonds, the execution of the robbers, a conniving witch doctor, and his son, and a case with international ramifications. Dark and thrilling.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 31 books like Facets of Death.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best crime thrillers set in Africa
- The best culinary cozy mystery books to satisfy your reading sweet tooth
- The best traditional mysteries that evoke the golden age of detective fiction
- The best mysteries that will make you hungry
- The best books that dive into great writing with crime writers of color