'War' is no exaggeration in discussing the bloodshed that has terrorized Mexico in the past decades. As rival cartels battle for control of a billion-dollar drug trade, the body count- 23,000 dead in five years - and sheer horror beggar the imagination of journalistic witnesses. Cartel gunmen have shot up…
Why read it?
1 author picked El Narco as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
A work of intrepid journalism and sizzling writing, Grillo’s El Narco is the result of upwards of a decade following the mercurial, terrifying evolution of Mexico’s drug cartels. I’ve taught this book to my Davidson College students studying Latin American politics and they repeatedly tell me that it is their favorite book they tackle in the course.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 80 books like El Narco.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books on what the war on drugs is really about
- The best books on the USA / Mexico border, drug cartels, and misery
- The best books to understand the astonishing history of Mexico
- The best books on biographies of the Mexican revolution
- The best books about Americans learning to live in Mexico