Dimensions of Job
The contributors are: Leo Baeck, Martin Buber, Yehezkel Kaufmann, Leon Roth, Robert Gordis, Margarete Susman, Hans Ehrenberg, Jean Danielou, Ernest Renan, H. H. Rowley, Leonard Ragaz, Robert Lowth, J. G. Herder, Josiah Royce, Horace M. Kallen, Paul Weiss, Gilbert Murray, Arthur S. Peake, Emil G. Kraeling, W. O. E. Oesterley,…
Why read it?
1 author picked Dimensions of Job as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
In this time of violence and rise of racism, authoritarianism, the Holocaust, the question of evil, its sources, its manifestations matter to me, and anyone of conscious. Glatzer lived through the rise of Nazism and Communism, and, as a person of religious faith, had to contend with the question of evil in our world today, and its challenges to religious belief. This book grew out of a course Prof. Glatzer taught over the years to thousands of students.
Job and the problem of evil was a central concern for Glatzer, as a scholar and as a humanist. In this book he compiles modern commentaries…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Dimensions of Job.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best anthology books that bring sources to light
- The best novels (you’ve never heard of) about Jewish survival under the Nazis
- The best books to understand the Holocaust and its ramifications
- The best books on the psychological aftermath of the Shoah (Ηolocaust)
- The best books about the Holocaust and generational trauma