Akin is a tender tale of love, loss and family, from Emma Donoghue, the international bestselling author of Room.
'If Room forced home truths on us, about parenthood, responsibility and love, Akin deals with similar subject matter more subtly, but in the end just as compellingly' - Guardian
Why read it?
1 author picked Akin as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
I felt sorry for Noah even as I laughed at his predicament. He’s about to celebrate his eightieth birthday in Nice. Then he learns he’s responsible for his eleven-year-old great nephew. Noah refuses to give up his trip and takes the boy along. The ensuing adventures of this unlikely pair take Noah and the reader on a wild ride through Nice and back to WWII as they search for the answers Noah needs.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Akin.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books about friendship between young people and seniors
- The best books set in France to inspire and excite the imagination
- The best books about modern art, culture, and political conflict in France
- The best books to understand the Terror in the French Revolution
- The best books about women in France