A NATIONAL BESTSELLER. A daughter’s tale of living in the thrall of her magnetic, complicated mother, and the chilling consequences of her complicity.
NAMED A BEST FALL BOOK BY People * Refinery29 * Entertainment Weekly * BuzzFeed * NPR’s On Point * Town & Country * Real Simple * New…
Why read it?
1 author picked Wild Game as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
I read Wild Game in a weekend—and that’s unusual for me, but I just couldn’t put the book down. Brodeur brought me into a world of treachery, lies, and mother-daughter entanglement that I found absolutely compelling. The mother in this book, Malabar, is a larger-than-life character whose willingness to sacrifice her daughter’s well-being for her own ends was horrifying and believable. I rooted for the daughter all the way through this beautifully crafted book, but it was the mother I found unforgettable.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Wild Game.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books that capture Cape Cod and the islands
- The best books on the drama, conflict, loyalty, and love of the mother-daughter knot
- The best picture books for children with LGBTQ family members
- The best books to make you laugh & cry
- The best memoirs for commiserating over the "aging parents" challenge