Violence of Mind
A book covering the topic of self-defense from a shocking, first-hand perspective. The subjects of criminal violence, self-defense, lethal force, mindset, firearms training and concealment have never been introduced so comprehensively in one place. Having successfully sold world-wide in its independently published and distributed paperback form, it is now available…
Why read it?
1 author picked Violence of Mind as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Violence of Mind is the only book I can remember immediately reading a second time upon finishing it. While the title is somewhat misleading and will likely dissuade too many people from picking it up, the content is straightforward, intelligent, and far more insightful than any other book in the genre I’m familiar with. Freeborn delivers succinct but critical lessons in self-defense from a philosophical perspective—this isn’t tough guy fantasies squeezed into ill-advised recommendations, but a quest to help us understand how to successfully navigate dire situations in ways that align with our values.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 91 books like Violence of Mind.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books on self-reliance for achieving success and fulfillment
- The best books to learn about domestic violence from a cross-cultural perspective
- The best superhero books to read if you want to learn how to save the day from the villain
- The best books for overcoming rape and building a life with higher self esteem
- The best books of Black history: the Black experience in Oklahoma