Fresh ingredients and ease of preparation characterize the recipes for every course of Italian food, from the antipasta to pasta and risotto, from soups and stews to sandwiches, and from main dishes to salads. With recipes for bruschetta topped with roasted tomatoes and country stews fragrant with saffron and rosemary,…
Why read it?
1 author picked Verdura as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
I am apt to come back to the kitchen from the garden or the farmers’ market with a large bag of irresistible vegetables that I have no idea what I’m going to do with. More often than not I turn to Viana La Place’s book for a simple and satisfying recipe that uses Italian ingredients with a touch of California thrown in.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Verdura.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books about food catering to the plate, the eye, and the mind
- The best books for armchair travel through Italy and Italian history
- The best books about art & Italy
- The best books on Sicilian/Italian history and the people
- The best books for insight into the history and society of southern Italy