This is a novel by the author of BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP with "not recommended for children" on the bottom of the front outside cover.
Why read it?
1 author picked Tonya as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Greg Boyington was a Flying Tiger before he took command of the famous “Black Sheep” fighter squadron and recipient of the Medal of Honor. He may have been Olga’s lover, and he certainly was Chennault’s most troublesome pilot. The two men despised one another, and Tonya was Boyington’s revenge. The novel is a thinly disguised and highly improbable account of the “Flying Sharks” in Chinese service. Great literature it’s not, but those who know something about the AVG will have a lark matching his characters with their real-life counterparts.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Tonya.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books about the Flying Tigers
- The best books on World War I and America's role in it
- The best books to help you understand why World War I changed everything forever
- The best books on the cultural history of the First World War
- The best books about Australia in World War I covering the battlefields and/or the home front