The Weight of Feathers
The Palomas and the Corbeaus have long been rivals and enemies, locked in an escalating feud for over a generation. Both families make their living as traveling performers in competing shows. The Palomas swimming in mermaid exhibitions, the Corbeaus, former tightrope walkers, performing in the tallest trees they can find.…
Why read it?
1 author picked The Weight of Feathers as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Another book remarkable for its descriptions, The Weight of Feathers combines the real world with enough distance and faint magic to make everything in it shimmer. Not everything makes perfect sense, and not everything needs to, because in Anne-Marie McLemore’s rewriting of the classic Romeo and Juliet love story, the taste of aguas frescas and the clinking of wind chimes make the otherworldly seem perfectly plausible. The Weight of Feathers is the sort of book that made me want to live in its world, to be privy to the hidden magic. The love story unfolds gradually as the deep…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like The Weight of Feathers.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best not-exactly-young-adult fantasy books for take-you-there worldbuilding, by an imaginer of worlds
- The best books for surviving the Faerie Realm
- The best YA fantasy books full of dark secrets and epic adventures
- The best fantasy books to break your heart with forbidden romance
- The best YA fantasy books to read in one sitting