The Happiest Girl in the World
"Propulsive, transfixing, and disturbing. I could not set the book down. Harrowing and fearlessly honest, The Happiest Girl in the World is a haunting read because it couldn't have done justice to its subjects - fictional and real - any other way." -Popsugar
One of Good Morning America's Best Books…
Why read it?
1 author picked The Happiest Girl in the World as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
In this novel that feels ripped straight from the headlines, the life of a young woman training as an elite gymnast is upended when her best friend confides that their doctor has assaulted her. Not only is this story timely, but it provides a glimpse into the mind-boggling discipline and talent it takes to be an Olympic gymnast.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like The Happiest Girl in the World.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books on inspirational women athletes
- The best history books to find out why sport matters
- The best books to root, root, root for the home team
- The best books about the Olympics that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) doesn’t want you to know
- The best sports books from a sports broadcaster