Erwin Schroedinger was a brilliant and charming Austrian, a great scientist, and a man with a passionate interest in people and ideas. In this, the first comprehensive biography of Schroedinger, Walter Moore draws upon recollections of Schroedinger's friends, family and colleagues, and on contemporary records, letters and diaries. Schroedinger's life…
Why read it?
1 author picked Schrodinger as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
This biography brings fully to life the multi-faceted Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger. Although best known as the co-inventor of quantum mechanics, he later wrote a book called What is Life which inspired many physicists to apply their talents to biology. Moore gives a full account of Schrödinger’s upbringing, his education, his science, and his extensive philosophical writings. You can judge for yourself if Moore is persuasive when he argues that the erotic intensity of several of Schrödinger’s extramarital affairs helped fuel and found expression in some of his specific scientific achievements.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Schrodinger.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best biographies of physicists
- The best non-technical books about quantum physics-our most fundamental description the universe
- The best book on nonlocality, teleportation, and other quantum marvels
- The best books for beginners to learn about quantum physics and quantum technology
- The best books about quantum physics that are also the most accessible