People's Diplomacy of Vietnam
This is the first full-length book on the concept of "People's Diplomacy," promoted by the president of North Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh, at the peak of the Vietnam War from 1965-1972. It holds great appeal for historians, international relations scholars, diplomats, and the general reader interested in Vietnam. A form…
Why read it?
1 author picked People's Diplomacy of Vietnam as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Although Robert Brigham’s Guerrilla Diplomacy deserved the attention it got, People’s Diplomacy of Vietnam, in my opinion, does the better job of connecting the dots between the informal or unofficial diplomacy of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (DRV) and the National Liberation Front (NLF) on the one hand, and the global campaign aimed at garnering sympathy and solidarity with Vietnam, on the other.
Mehta highlights the various connections with and visits to Vietnam by activists from the West and also from the mass organisations of the Soviet Union and the People’s Republic of China. These links “enabled the Vietnamese…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like People's Diplomacy of Vietnam.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books on the international dimensions of the Vietnam War
- The best books to understand Russia’s foreign policy after the Cold War
- The best books about the Vietnam War from a Marine infantry officer who fought there
- The best works that address major issues related to the history of the establishment of the State of Israel
- The best Vietnam war books that explore waste and loss