My Several Worlds
Why read it?
1 author picked My Several Worlds as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Pearl S. Bucks was the first American woman who won the Nobel Prize for Literature. She was brought to China by her missionary parents when she was an infant. She continued to spend much of the first half of her life in China from 1892 to 1934. This autobiography covers her growing up in China and returning to the U.S. Good-hearted and open-minded, she was the very few foreigners who had intimate access to ordinary Chinese people's lives and souls, which remain mysterious to most outsiders to this day. As a sharp-eyed observer and skillful writer, she gave an extraordinary…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like My Several Worlds.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books of the Westerners’ experience in China
- The best books on how imperial China became modern China
- The best books on Qing Dynasty China from an Oxford historian
- The best books to make sense of 19th-century China’s rebellions, uprisings, and wars
- The best books on the concubines of imperial China