Murder with Peacocks
Hectic plans for three family weddings in one summer are made even more hectic by murder.
Why read it?
2 authors picked Murder with Peacocks as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Zany family members and weddings gone wrong provide page-turning laughs in the first book in the Meg Lanslow series. The heroine is smart, funny, and… a blacksmith. The small-town shenanigans just keep coming in this laugh-out-loud mystery, but the heart comes from the familial relationships. (No peacocks are harmed in the making of this mystery, but they do provide plenty of laughs.)
A bookseller recommended the Meg Lanslow series to me years ago and I’ve read them all – 31, as of 2021. I like Meg’s character – she’s a decorative blacksmith. Each title is a play on birds (no pun intended). They are all fast-paced and witty.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 71 books like Murder with Peacocks.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books set in small communities where murder and humor abound
- The best funny cozy mystery novels
- The best books on the paranormal to scare up myths and legends from the safety of your armchair
- The best books to make you feel like you’re in Almost Heaven (West Virginia)
- The best books with alternate perspectives on Jamestown