This award-winning deployment book for kids is a favorite of all major military branches: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard, and Reserves in military books and best deployment books for children.The illustrator has masterfully drawn the lovable and relatable characters to be racially non-specific; Bean is non-gender…
Why read it?
1 author picked Momma's Boots as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
While most deployed service members are male, women serve and are deployed, too. I honor their contribution by including this touching book. When Momma puts on her military boots, little Bean grapples with questions of why and where and how long. Momma describes her work with references to other kinds of work that Bean understands. It’s a sweet conversation that provides a broader context for military work and assurance that Momma will return.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Momma's Boots.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books for military families dealing with deployment
- The best books about military family life
- The best books on World War I and America's role in it
- The best books to help you understand why World War I changed everything forever
- The best books on the cultural history of the First World War