Devil at My Heels
The bestselling autobiography of the legendary Louis Zamperini, hero of the blockbuster Unbroken A modern classic by an American legend, Devil at My Heels is the riveting and deeply personal memoir by U.S. Olympian, World War II bombardier, and POW survivor Louis Zamperini. His inspiring story of courage, resilience, and…
Why read it?
1 author picked Devil at My Heels as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
While the book Unbroken is fantastic and also about the Louis Zamperini story, to me, Devil At My Heels is even better. This book tells the amazing true story of Louis, it also talks a lot about where he was spiritually growing up and includes his conversion to Christ story. I adore this story on so many levels. Louis Zamperini was defiantly an unlikely candidate to become a spiritual giant, but God knew what he had placed inside of him. He went from juvenile delinquent to Olympian, to being a soldier, to being shot down in the Pacific Ocean, to…
Our community of 9,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Devil at My Heels.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best Christian historical books, so amazing they almost sound fictional
- The best books about apocalyptic events and surviving in confinement
- The best survival books for staying alive in the wild
- The best survival novels for young readers
- The best dystopian, apocalyptic, and post-apocalyptic books that inspired me