A Principle of Recovery
A guided journey through the 12 Step process. A Principle of Recovery is a look at sobriety through the eyes and heart of Jack Grisham--lead singer of the punk band T.S.O.L., and the author of 'An American Demon'. Grisham has been clean and sober since January 8th, 1989. This book…
Why read it?
1 author picked A Principle of Recovery as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
I recommend this book because it pulls no punches. It’s not easy to get sober, and it’s not glamorous. Jack Grisham--lead singer of the punk band T.S.O.L., has 33 years of sobriety at the time of this writing. He shares that journey honestly with a heart for those needing to hear of his struggles. It’s a good read that teaches what’s behind the 12 steps of recovery.
Our community of 9,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like A Principle of Recovery.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books portraying addiction and family dysfunction with honesty, compassion, and humor
- The best books about life in a dysfunctional family (i.e. The Ramones)
- The best books about the history of punk rock
- The best books about 1980s punk and politics
- The best music books and memoirs about rule-breaking women