Heartfelt personal accounts from Asian American women on their experiences with skin color bias, from being labeled "too dark" to becoming empowered to challenge beauty standards
"I have a vivid memory of standing in my grandmother's kitchen, where, by the table, she closely watched me as I played. When I…
Why read it?
1 author picked Whiter as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Our community of 9,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Whiter.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books to understand the problem with colorism
- The best books to teach about the civil rights movement
- The best books on Black History in Argentina and Uruguay
- The best books on why racism persists and what we can do about it
- The best books for understanding racial violence in the South after the Civil War