INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLER
From the beloved author of the nationwide best seller Dept. of Speculation—one of the New York Times Book Review's Ten Best Books of the Year—a “darkly funny and urgent” (NPR) tour de force about a family, and a nation, in crisis
Lizzie Benson slid…
Why read it?
1 author picked Weather as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
If you don’t have much time to read, this is the one for you. Offill is known for her brevity - her 2014 novel Dept. Of Speculation (equally worth your time) is similarly short, and similarly shot through with humor - and for the punch she can pack into a limited space. In Weather, she brings together the mundane grind of daily life with the larger existential terror many of us experience when we think about climate change, and bridges that gap, forcing her characters to confront how their daily lives are in fact not separate from these bigger…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 66 books like Weather.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books that capture the grief of living with climate change
- The best children’s books about libraries and librarians
- The best first books of cozy mystery series that feature libraries and librarians
- The best children’s books celebrating libraries
- The best books for understanding the Middle East