The Pilgrimage Chronicles
What is your Quest in life? "The Pilgrimage Chronicles: Embrace the Quest," created and edited by Tor and Siffy Torkildson, leads us on a series of pilgrimages and explorations to the far reaches of the planet in search of and to celebrate the meaning of life in 33 essays. "The…
Why read it?
1 author picked The Pilgrimage Chronicles as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
One method of discovery throughout millenniums and across cultures has been the act of pilgrimage. The act of traveling simply, reducing life to its essentials, and relying on the kindness of the Universe has a way of clarifying your thoughts and purpose. This anthology, of which I had the honor to contribute, brings together the experiences of 33 international walkers, pilgrims, scientists, writers, and explorers. Each walk a different path; each travel for different reasons on their quests. This inspired collection is bound to get you thinking about your own future walkabout.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 87 books like The Pilgrimage Chronicles.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books on doing a pilgrimage and our search for meaning
- The best books about the Camino de Santiago from someone who walked it
- The best books about medieval pilgrimage and why you wouldn’t have wanted to travel with Margery Kempe
- The best books for escaping to Alaska
- The best recent books about the lives of real Alaskans—not the idiots on reality TV