The Peace of Christmas Eve
Why read it?
1 author picked The Peace of Christmas Eve as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
The ending of that war by one of the most remarkable peace treaties ever signed, deserves the detailed treatment it receives in The Peace of Christmas Eve. When the United States declared war in June 1812, its government and people were deeply divided on the wisdom or necessity of such a course of action. Once begun and pursued, a way had to be found the end the conflict. The reader will find the who, how, and why clearly set out in Engelman’s book.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like The Peace of Christmas Eve.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books to answer your questions about the War of 1812
- The best and most recent books on the War of 1812
- The best books in their own words from the War of 1812
- The best books on the War of 1812: Canadian sacrifice in the cause of freedom
- The best history books on the War of 1812 (along with some primary sources)