Gesture and Response
The work of Kohn Pedersen Fox is international in scope, collaborative in design, and a product of individual voices focused on a single objective - making an architecture, of our time, which creates strong bonds with the the specific place it occupies.
While William Pedersen founded the firm, with partners…
Why read it?
1 author picked Gesture and Response as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
This is a personal peek at the work of a major firm by the “P” of KPF, one of the world’s leading skyscraper designers. Pedersen’s unpretentiousness and generosity of spirit are evident in the prose that accompanies the work. To my delight, the first building is 333 Wacker in Chicago, which, as a young art student living there, I saw being built. It became one of my favorites in a town legendary for its architecture. Buildings are personal to those who design them, and Pedersen tells intimate stories behind each of his 25 favorite designs. The surprise is that these…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 14 books like Gesture and Response.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books to understand the art and profession of architecture
- The best books about the returns of higher education
- The best books on social entrepreneurship and why it is so important
- The best books on real conspiracies
- The best golden oldies books for understanding money and power in the United States